Red Ribbon Week
Take the Red Ribbon Pledge now!
1. As parents and citizens, we will talk to our children and the children in our lives about the dangers of drug abuse.
2. We will set clear rules for our children about not using drugs.
3. We will set a good example for our children by not using illegal drugs or medicine without a prescription.
4. We will monitor our children's behavior and enforce appropriate consequences, so that our rules are respected.
5. We will encourage family and friends to follow the same guidelines to keep children safe from substance abuse.
Student Activities for the Week
Monday: Wear Roosevelt Red! Red Rally Up!
Tuesday: Dress Like Twins Buddy Up Against Drugs!
Wednesday: Wear Sports Apparel Team Up Against Drugs!
Thursday: Wear Grade Colors Color Out Drugs!
Kinder & 1st: Orange 2nd: Yellow
3rd: Purple 4th: Green
5th: Blue 6th: Pink
The Ram Perspective:
August 28, 2014
By 6th Grader HLC
On the first week of school, it was all about learning the rules. My teacher was showing the new students in his class all around the room. The first day was a piece of cake. My brain was a train running on full speed. It took awhile for me to access all of my 5th grade knowledge.
The second week of school was a lot of review to get our brains started up. My hand was like a cheetah on the paper. The blue sky and green grass were calling me during our 15 minute recess. The classroom was a nice place to learn. The teacher also started seatwork and DOL (Daily Oral Language).
By the third week, things were still getting a lot more complicated. I've finally joined band and got to hear what a lot of different instruments sound like. So far, this has been an amazing experience.